30 Lac+ Commercial sex workers in India
40% are children below the age of 18 years – (12 Lac)
High incidence of HIV among sex workers
High % of sex workers children drawn into same trade
We are a catalyst to improving the lives of underpriviledged mothers and chidren from the Red Light areas. Over the last 25 years, Navjeevan Centre has been making a huge impact to society by empowering the women and their children and advocating and campaigning for their rights and helping them to build their own lives and future. Thus expressing God’s love in action through our work.
Over the last 25 years Navjeevan Centre has made a huge impact in the lives of many children and their families. It provides a ray of hope to a better life by empowerment of the women and their children and advocating and campaigning for the rights of these underprivileged women and their children.
Children ImpactedTotal number of children impacted - 7000+
Women ImpactedTotal number of women impacted - 28100
Youth ImpactedTotal number of youth graduated from Navjeevan - 400+
Women CounselledTotal Women Counselled - 4800+
Children in Red light area child care centres
Women (Commercial Sex Workers) impacted
Sex workers children through Navjeevan Residential Care Program
- 25 years of service
- ISO 9001-2008 certified NGO
- Legal Aid Unit under The District Legal Service Authority (DLSA) for the Mumbai Metropolitan Region
- Empowering women to an alternate meaningful and sustainable life and reintegrating them into the society.
- Mitigation of urban child labor and child exploitation/sexual/physical abuse.
- Providing primary to professionally qualified education to children of commercial sex workers for a brighter future.
- All round development for the children and to integrated them into the society.